TANAP is aware that quality, occupational health & safety, environmental and social issues are of primarye importance in the success of the TANAP Project in all of its functions and performed activities. TANAP will always carry out its obligations with the highest quality and care to minimize the impact on health, safety, the environment and communities, by ensuring that all related risks and tasks are identified, assessed and mitigated appropriately. The health and safety of our employees and of third parties shall always take precedence over profit. As such, the Integrated Management System shall be afforded the necessary priority.
The following principles form an integral part of TANAP’s Integrated Management System policy:
TANAP implements an effective and dynamic Integrated Management System that is applicable to all its activities. This process-based system is, fully compliant with and cover all aspects of the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
- TANAP will implement all necessary safety measures to prevent accidents and harm to the health of its employees and to the other parties whose health may be affected by our operations, and to prevent occupational diseases; related to the environmental and social impacts of the project.
- TANAP believes that health, safety, and environmental and social issues are the responsibility of those at all levels in TANAP, and contractors & suppliers are obliged to act in line with TANAP standards.
- TANAP does not permit reprisal against any employee who objects to or refuses to carry out any task under unsafe conditions;
- TANAP has developed Emergency Response Plans to be applied in response to accidents and emergencies in all TANAP activities.
- TANAP has developed Incident Investigation Procedures to ensure all incidents are investigated, and so to prevent the recurrence of similar incidents.
- TANAP will prevent pollution and protect he environment and communities by implementing a mitigation hierarchy aimed at avoiding, reducing, restoring, and, where appropriate, off-setting the adverse impacts of its activities;
- TANAP aims to contribute to sustainable development and provide net benefits to biodiversity conservation.
- TANAP will ensure transparency and stakeholder accountability through regular and free dialogue on social, environmental, safety, security and other relevant issues implemented through consultations.
- TANAP will pay particular attention to disadvantaged and vulnerable groups, and will establish an independent mechanism to ensure concerns and grievances, are addressed in a timely, impartial and transparent manner.
- TANAP will seek to avoid involuntary resettlements and mitigate the impacts of economic displacement by careful planning and implementing appropriate measures to mitigate the adverse impacts on displaced persons who may have lost their sources of income.
- TANAP will support the economic and social development of communities and deliver positive benefits through sustainable social investment programs for the communities along the TANAP Pipeline route.
- TANAP provides high-quality systems, components, services and solutions that, based on facility and risk considerations, consistently meet the needs of its projects, works, ventures, and installations and that thus protect the interests of TANAP, the Host Government, the stakeholders and our business partners.
- TANAP is committed to complying, in all its activities, with the applicable legislation, and with internationally accepted standards, and best business practices in the international Natural Gas pipeline sector;
- TANAP is committed to the continual improvement of effectiveness and efficiency through the Integrated Management System implemented in every aspect of its business activities.
- TANAP promotes the motivation and satisfaction of its employees and business partners.
- TANAP emphasizes the importance of individual advancement and organizational improvement by encouraging further education and training as well as communicating the requirements of health, safety, environmental and social policies that encourage the health, safety and environmental skills and competency requirements of employees, contractors and others within the workplace.
- TANAP strives to earn an international reputation for excellence, independence and responsibility, that it can be proud of and to use it for the benefit of its shareholders, clients, business partners and employees;
- TANAP will adhere strictly to the “TANAP Work Ethic Principles”.